28.12.06

A call from Nicholas

Over this festive period, I got a call from one of the old friends whom I had not managed to talk to for a number of years here in NZ. His name is Nicholas and I remembered him clearly that we used to work together and lunched together some 10 years back when I was still a mid level executive working in my ex company. He and I were office buddies you can say.

It's nice to hear from him during the Christmas and I was so sorry not to contact him as I threw away some old contact books when I shifted previously.

In the end of the chat, Nicholas told me he would very grateful to me if I could loan him some money as he was in quite 'difficult' situation. That shocked me because it was out of the blue as Nick was quite a proud guy who had told me he would never do this in his life!

From what i heard from him, he also suffers from some mild depression as his passage in life was really not that smooth since the last couple of years. Frankly, I was caught in dilemma as what I should help him or not because I am not rich myself and I need some money to repair my car too. Should I help him or not? If I should, I can only loan him some of the $3000 winnings I got from Maria Duval but I can't be sure if he would return me one day.

What you think?

No comments: