17.8.09

Express your gratitude

There is this analogy about expressing gratitude. Some people feel shy about expressing gratitude. It is like you have wrapped a birthday present for a friend, but decided not to give it to that friend.

I'm sitting in my garden today, on a beautiful, cool and sunny day, looking out over my plants, with Mozart playing at the background. Yes it is so relaxing moment. I found myself pausing in my enjoyment to reprimand myself for not saying thank you often enough. I don't mean thank you in the sense of thanking someone for a favor that they have done. What I mean is paying tribute to the world in which we live which provides us with an abundance of everything and also infinite opportunities.

Maria Duval stresses the importance of expressing your thanks and gratitude over and over again. It must be something spiritually beneficial.

Whether or not you have faith in terms of a particular religion is not what I am really getting at here. I'm merely noting that faith, hope and gratitude are all essential to being happy in this life. You tend to find that these three things go hand in hand and also that people who are successful and happy experience these sentiments as a major part of their habitual nature.

Expressing gratitude in itself directs ones attention to what you have as opposed to what you do not have. In a world where there are so many dissatisfied people, who always want more, one wonders if these people have ever learned to say thank you for what they have already got.

Let's take a moment to relax, breathe deeply, hold our hands together, close our eyes and say a huge and heart-felt thank you for the abundance in this world and for the endless opportunities which we are lucky enough to be able to pursue.

1 comment:

francesca said...

Maria Duval sought me out in the mail about three years ago.She was asked to contact me from someone who believed I needed her guildance,I am so gratiful whoever the person was introduced me to Mrs Duval.I have learned alot from Mrs Duval from copins skills to spiritual awareness,I have even learned methods of dealing with stress pills and mental doctors couldn't ease.I hope those people out there who is trying to tarnish Mrs Duval's good work will either seek and learn or vanish from the presence of such a gifted women who were given her gifts from above.I know those who seek to destroy Mrs Duval's work themselves are looking to get out of darkness and instead of embracing the truth they become afraid of what they dont understand.