14.8.08

Admit it's tough to forgive

A thought tells me this is a must do step. I have difficult time with this one... it is easier said than done and I confess - that is to forgive others. As I observe, it's true, in office, there are idiots who are trying to mess with me and make me fed up, or trying to be funny and not actively contributing to the work scope, or wishing I will walk into a banana skin and they laugh.. I admit I wish something bad will happen to them. This is bad spiritually. Yet I can't help but fall into it whenever such monkey business happens again. What's the point?

Accepting people you dislike into your circle of life is probably one of the toughest you can face in life. This happens usually in workplaces where there are a lot of inter-personal conflicts due to different working styles.

On my spiritual pathway, I am constantly reminded that I need to forgive each and everyone. Maybe I am their scourge in their eyes too? It's usually a both way thing.

So the next day, I happily go to office with the intention to have a peace pact but arghh.. as soon as I see those high-handed emails, my ego starts to pull my energy down and replace it with a stream of inner rage. I try not to be personal as there is really no joy bearing this kind of grudges, after all, we are fellow colleagues and countrymen. But it's hard to let go of that anger and that rage.

So do share with me any of your experience in forgiving? Even in the most difficult scenarios? I think if I don't forgive I'll never live the life I want. On the other hand, I do not wish to appear as a piece of "easy meat"....

No comments: