24.3.07

'No but thanks.'

A corporate friend MSN'ed me to invite me to attend a $20 first-come-first-serve-limited-seats motivational talk by one of the 'gurus' out there, Stephen Pierce. Frankly, I don't like such events and I have never heard of Mr Pierce before therefore I rejected him. Googling the name of Mr Pearce but I wasn't able to find any related information about him too. Search engine is powerful but this time it doesn't know exactly what I wanted. Anyone has heard of Stephen Pierce before? Please pardon me if he is a famous guy and I don't know him.

I do read some motivational books on and off however, I don't like to attend their seminars because these are usually lead-in seminars where they will try to pressure you subliminally to buy their training courses after talking to you for an hour or so unless the speaker is Maria Duval. And these courses don't come cheap so I'd rather spend the money in some other spiritual courses which I'm passionate in.

No comments: