25.8.09

Food rules

Food is our essence of life and hence what we swallow down our throats has a big impact on our mood and feeling. I think this is very true because I suffered from depression a few years ago - not those major attack, and I got out about 1 week later.

I find when I eat right, that is to say a balanced diet including lots of fruit and veggies, I have more energy and I feel more focused and alert. Personally, I feel we should consume about 50% of vege, grains, nuts and fruits, while the remaining the rest split between meat and carbo.

I'm not sure it is totally true. I observe that when I don't follow these nutritional rules, I feel lethargic and uninspired. Normal tasks just seem a bit more difficult.

If possible, I avoid excessive alchohol, caffeine and sugary stuff. A moderate bit of red wine daily appeals to me as i read it is very helpful to maintain a good blood circulation.

No comments: