31.7.09

More of an optimist

I think I am an optimist. That day, I dropped my wallet in a small shopping mart. Maybe my mind was in a dazed state. I just couldn't remember what were the places that I went to that I might drop it. Instead of sighing that was the end of the world, I told myself maybe someone would call me up. Of course, i was retracing where i had been too at the same time. Fair enough, about half an hour later, the shop guy called me up. The feeling was indescribable - as if you had scaled some tallest mountain around.

That's why I think i have gradually tuned from a pessimist to an optimist, who always thinks of positive outcomes for whatever might have happened. Fair enough again, things do not always turn out positively..things will get that smack in the face feeling sometimes. It just a kind of mindset that people should try to adopt. If majority of the poeple are positive thinkers in this world, imagine how nice this place would be.

I learn from Maria Duval to tune my mindset to be more positive.

- Always think positive. Always hope for good things. Don't take negative events seriously, and don't criticize yourself. Instead, tell yourself next time I'll do better and move on.

- If you've worked for months on a project, reward yourself for completing it, despite the consequences. Do something good without any reason. It will help you be more optimistic.

- If someone's attitude is negative towards you, or you're treated rudely by a customer service representative, don't get angry. Give them a big smile; your positive attitude may compel them to change their negative attitude.

- Because of a lot of work, tension builds up in your muscles. This tension should be released through exercise. This will make you feel relaxed.

- Very important. Spend time with optimists. However, they are in rarity...you have to treasure them if you find them.

No comments: