29.11.08

Maria Duval - The Importance Of Knowing Yourself

The Importance Of Knowing Yourself
Knowing yourself is a very important task that one has to undertake and the most challenging as well. When one knows who he is and clearly understands what he wants, then he has a better option of discovering how to reach his own success, personal fulfillment and happiness.

Knowing one’s true and inner self will be of great help in working to reach one’s goals more effectively. It will guide one through the path to success. It will transport one to such calmness so to improve one’s attitude as well as one’s relationships and connections with others.

Psychologists devote their time helping individuals see and understand things within their inner self which they have long been suppressing from their own selves. This is natural, as people are skilled at such hiding games. Often, when one does not wish cope with a certain circumstance or situation, one denies that it had transpired, or translate it so to fit another different perception of the world.

Knowing yourself consequently, empowers and enables you to create different choices.

Success easily comes to those with pleasing personalities. However, this does not necessarily mean that one needs do what everyone wishes; rather, acquire a positive attitude of being respectful to the opinion of others at the same time remaining true to one’s own beliefs.

Don't expect to suddenly go on a certain course and immediately become aware and know yourself. This is a voyage where one can board and allow it to transform one’s life, for the better. The success of such journey depends deeply on how bravely you face yourself; on the way, you might discover certain things that you do not like and possibly opt to hide or deny it. Be strong and accept those negative things because it is only by accepting your faults can you truly change for the better.

Be open to accept and listen to the opinion of others, eager and willing to learn. Changing your judgment and views on account of more reliable facts is not a sign of weakness but of strength in your character. Always be inclined to offer help, be caring and polite but do not forget to keep your own personality.

The basic principle of knowing yourself is that every individual is responsible, in control and generate their own life encounter. This is a process very much complex that may be severely obstructed when one is unconscious of how one functions, or if one has a misunderstanding of thyself.

Rationalizations are used by many to give justifiable explanation for their actions. One can pretend that the problem is to be blamed on the other person. This is known as projection.

You therefore need to discover and improve your true person and not what others perceive you to be, and also not who you believe you must be, but the person that you truly are. How you manage your life, guide others, take charge, perform and behave in relationships really depends on how effectively you use your strengths and identify your weaknesses that you will discover when you truly know your "self."

Understand how you could guard yourself against responses triggered by emotions. You are vulnerable to miscalculation of judgment should you permit your emotions to interfere. Indeed, everything that one does is based on one’s emotions, but angry or careless emotions does not have a place when it comes to decision making. Take control of your emotions and delay conclusions, decisions and choices when in a very emotional state.

Develop enthusiasm in yourself. Enthusiasm draws good relationships and success. It is that positive outlook that radiates on you that individuals like dealing with. Your positive and enthusiastic outlook will contaminate and encourage those around you to also be enthusiastic and positive, therefore become cooperative.

Also, be ready to face unreasonable and negative people and never let them destroy you. Stay reasonable and calm.

Knowing yourself will enable you to develop your full potential and be happy, contented and fulfilled. Whether one’s idea and understanding of success speaks about fulfillment in business, friendship, love, sports, a blend of all these or another thing altogether, knowing yourself and working on to change for the better will enable you to achieve your goals. Then when you reach your goals, indeed you will turn out to be a much happier person. And that is success in its truest sense.

Markeith Williams is a personal coach and business owner. He is the CEO of River Sity Allince Inc, and give lectures around the world.

Choosing Faith, Choosing Fear, and Field of Dreams — A Personal Story
Before "What the Bleep" . . . before "The Secret" and any other similar movie since . . . there was a film that provided The Key. And, it was so subtle (yet obvious, now) I only just got it nearly two decades later. And, just when I needed it.

If you're not familiar with the movie, "Field of Dreams," I suggest you get it. The lead character, Ray Kinsella, is a man who has a wounded heart and mind. The wound filters into most areas of his life: though he has a loving relationship with his wife and daughter, he doesn't think much of himself or how his life has played out, isn't motivated by more than basic passions, and feels the dullness of an unfulfilled spirit.

Ray hears a voice that tells him, "If you build it, he will come," and sees a vision to plow some of his planted corn and build a baseball field. No one hears the voice but Ray. It nudges him until he finally tells his wife that if he doesn't follow this crazy impulse, he's terrified of becoming just like his father: old and worn out before his time. He builds the field; and baseball greats appear out of the corn that's still planted, and the magic really unfolds.

Ray has removed and built what was necessary at the outer level; but there's more to be done at the inner level.

Finances are tight for Ray's family; and having less corn to harvest and sell makes it even tighter. Plus, he's making spontaneous, costly-for-them trips to find people he's led to find through dreams and other means. When he returns home, he's watching a baseball game going on in his field . . . a game being played by beings only he, his wife and daughter, and a famous author who returned with him, can see. His brother-in-law arrives with a contract for Ray to sign that turns over his home and farm to the new mortgage owners. Ray holds the contract and pen and looks at the players on the field, then shifts so he can go eye-to-eye with Shoeless Joe Jackson. Shoeless Joe does what he always did (while alive) when the game was tight and a player was at bat: He shifted his position into a half-crouch and focused his attention to watch every nuance of the batter to anticipate the batter's next move, in this case, Ray.

The reason this movie and one particular moment is being shared here with you is because of something that happened during my morning meditation. The Law of Attraction has worked for me for . . . well, always, if you understand the Law; but my conscious awareness and use of it started several decades ago. However, something was missing. Evidence of this was in my life experiences. Several weeks back, I stated to myself, "There's a switch that needs to be flipped inside me, and I'm going to find it."

The last several weeks have been amazing, frustrating, scary, and filled with an intense inner exploration to find the switch. I did discover that doubt negates any affirmation we make; and I knew I had to find the key or switch that helped me remove doubt . . . which, based on how the Law works, meant I had to find a way to only hold doubt's opposite: faith.

I'm visual by nature. My mind plays with images at all times when I read or listen to someone speak. Naturally, when I meditate, I find it's stronger for me if I play a movie in my mind with however many characters I need to cast. In my vision (which I use often) I have a cast of gazillions of ethereal, somewhat embodied beings that cheer me and support me. This morning, as I "went" to that space to discuss faith and fear with my primary helper, I found a contract awaiting my signature.

The contract was my agreement to embrace fear, worry, doubt, concern, dullness, lack, and any and every not-good experience and feeling you can imagine. This was a brilliant way to present this to myself because I know that faith and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time, and that I'll manifest some or all of whichever is strongest inside of me.

The choice seemed clear, don't you think? Before I continue, in whatever way works for you, imagine that contract in front of you now. Since no one is reading your mind, what are your honest feelings about signing it? Remember, this is a life-long commitment you're about to make. Think of the implications. How will you have to behave if you sign it? This includes how you choose, hold, and live your thoughts, words, feelings, and actions. You're on the verge of signing up for Absolute Faith, always and in all ways.

This moment in my meditation is when the movie memory was triggered. You see, my gazillion team members, as a whole, took the position Shoeless Joe Jackson did when Ray stood there holding the contract (waiting and watching to anticipate my next move). I looked at them, then back at the contract. I felt the hesitation. It was that realization we believe we understand Ray to face: Sign and end the "struggle" of the moment OR risk the lenders taking his property, everyone in the county who already thinks he's not "dealing with a full deck" believe he's crazy and irresponsible, and trust what he's already seen and experienced that defies "reality." The moment Ray refuses to sign, another message is delivered to him. Because he made his choice for absolute faith rather than fear, all that he needed, all that was waiting to come to him began to arrive.

Faith and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

Your contract is in front of you, the pen is in your hand.

Joyce Shafer is a Spiritual Empowerment Coach and writer (jls1422 at yahoo.com). Get one or more PDFs of her books (two in paperback and e-book formats) and e-books (including her just-released �Law of Attraction Alchemy�) at lulu.com or at a huge discount at her Web Store http://www.freewebs.com/coach4lifebalance

What kind of sponge are you?
There is so much talk lately about the Law of Attraction due to the popularity of the movie, “The Secret”. The Law of Attraction states that, depending on our thoughts, we attract to ourselves, or our environment, the exact things, or situations we are thinking about. So in a nutshell, (a very basic nutshell, because there’s obviously a lot more involved with it) the saying, “What we think about, we bring about” rings true. Yet, why is it that some people immediately “get it” and others continue to struggle after learning the same skills and techniques taught in the movie? A lot of it probably has to do with someone’s attitude or state of mind. I guess you could compare our mental state to that of the use of a sponge. See, when a sponge is completely dry, it’s ready to absorb an enormous amount of liquid. But when the sponge is saturated, what can it really absorb? Maybe it will take in a few drops here or there, but it will most likely end up spilling them back out. If our mind is filled with worries, doubt, etc., we can’t absorb any new information. If our mind is clear, willing to test out new theories, then it’s very likely that we’re going to put into practice the new information that we’ve learned much quicker, therefore seeing results more quickly. I met a gentleman by the name of Myron Golden a couple of years ago. Myron is a well-known motivational speaker, author, and highly successful entrepreneur. He taught me that wealth is an attainable goal for everyone. I must admit, the first time I heard that, my mind was an over-saturated sponge. I couldn’t take in what he was telling me. I thought I was learning the principles he was teaching, but the reality was that I was only really “listening” to him on a very superficial level. I wasn’t even implementing all of the techniques he taught me. His book, “The Ebony Treasure Map �" The Roadmap To Riches For African Americans” had some very specific skills that outlined exactly what anyone could do to start creating wealth. (By the way, I’m not African American, but the principles apply to every human being in the same way.) I read the book for the first time, and thought I was on my way to millions. But because I didn’t actually “get it”, I soon went back to the old, comfortable patterns of poverty that I had in the past. So what finally changed my state of mind to be open to receiving the valuable information that I was learning? Honestly? Repetition! I started reading Myron’s books and listening to his tapes over and over and over again. Even though my problems didn’t completely disappear, somehow, my mind was much more receptive to receiving the information and my attitude did a complete turn-around. Then, and only then, did I start seeing the results I had envisioned. My mind had finally become the sponge I needed to absorb the skills and techniques I needed to move forward successfully in my endeavors. Myron Golden is a great mentor of mine and has taught countless others the principles of creating wealth and achieving personal and business success. In his new book, “From the Trash Man to the Cash Man” (http://www.trashmantocashman.com) he continues inspiring and teaching others with his practical, easy to understand approach to achieving greatness. He is so convinced in the methods he teaches that he offers people a money-back guarantee on his book, so you know that he walks his walk, and doesn’t just talk his talk. I plan on pursuing the newly found look on life that these principles have taught me. One of my favorite quotes is, “If the mind can conceive it, then the mind can achieve it.” I’m excited for my future and the possibilities ahead. I can only hope to remain a sponge - a dry one - hoping to absorb all of the new lessons that life will offer me.

Beatriz Castillo "Mompreneur" bea.castillo@yahoo.com www.time2sendoutcards.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. Taking the time to know yourself can make major life decisions much easier, including those regarding love and careers.