14.2.07

A job incident

Due to my work, I constantly have a lot of chances to interview job seekers as I work in a job consultancy firm and we managed the recruitment process for some of our clients.

One thing to note is that nowadays resumes may not tell all about the applicants because there are services to posh up your CVs and make you look good on papers. To be crude, there are a lot of white lies. Yesterday afternoon, I actually caught someone trying to sneak through the process with a made-up resume and I had no choice by to alert him in the best possible way without hurting his feeling.

He did not even gone to the university he graduated from because I had a friend who works there and when he couldn't explain about that area, I knew it was fishy. I hinted to him repeatedly that he had over-worked on his resume but he just was not confessing.

In the end, I came straight by telling him about the issue and he pleaded me to give him a chance by saying if he admitted it, would I consider him? Sadly, I have to tell him it is a grave mistake and I closed by preaching him not to do it again.

No comments: