10.1.07

Yes, that fighting spirit

It's a wonderful feeling to know that I have a health at my age. A few of my mates in 40s are already struggling with chronic diseases which are so scary if you were to suffer. Just to take my uncle who's in his early 50s, yes, he's a young uncle. Due to incessant smoking, he is now diagnosed to be suffering from some form of cancer.

I visited him this afternoon during my lunch break and was sad to see him lying in the hospital bed trying to overcome the ill effects of treatment. He weakly told me that he was still feeling positive about it and would fight on. Yup, that's the spirit of my family whom every member seems to have that kind of fighting qualities. Luckily he's early in treatment therefore that's why his survival rate is rather high.

Sad to say, smoking has really claimed many casualties but who will listen despite so many sad stories coming out from it.

No comments: