24.9.08

How can this happen?

Today I want to write something away from spirituality and related to money. Yah, money is spiritual too, isn't it?

Because of US, the economies around the world are affected. This is very irresponsible i think. Those giant financial institutions are too screwed up beyond belief too.

I am thoroughly disgusted by the financial crisis in the US. The financial institutions screwed up beyond belief. How can they be so careless with money considering they are supposedly to be experts in financial markets. How can this thing just happen? How can they be so stupid with money? I did not study much about economics in school but I know what they did was inappropriate for any business that wants to stay afloat.

What about the US government bail out that worth billions? As a commoner, i think this is something that will irk me because these are the tax payers money being used to rescue these big banks that foul up in the first place. I read that some other financial experts think this is a bad move.

What if I am a smaller company and I screw up the operations, would my government give me money to rescue my sinking company? No, they won't, will they? So why is the case here, just because they are giants? So how will average people in USA benefit from this bail out? Will they get higher pay? So it's the case of govt helping rich people again.

In the end, they will be rewarded with a bill. And higher cost of living. And inflation. This is a mess that happens because of years of nonchalant attitude of these top powerful executives. I am just thinking from the point of view of average people in USA.

Pessimistically, I do not think the next president is able to do anything about it at all. The world order is gradually changing, and I expect another world power to raise in the next few years to challenge the US. It could be China, but now they are stuck in the tainted milk scandal. Maybe they will learn from this excessive greed when people are chopped and changed.

No comments: